On Tuesday, June 13th, Twelfth Avenue School will be having our annual emergency preparedness (earthquake) drill, weather permitting. Please ensure that your child is prepared for the weather, sunscreen, hats and water bottles if sunny.
To make this as realistic a drill as possible we would appreciate your help in practicing our release procedures. Parents/guardians are asked to pick up your children, or arrange to have your emergency contact person pick them up, between 2:10 and 2:45.
To pick up your child:
- parents/guardians need to enter the field at the north side by the gym/Strong Start Centre
- proceed when directed to the sign-out-teacher at the alphabet station of your child’s last name
- show picture identification when signing out your children
- we are not able to release your child to anyone whose name does not appear on the Emergency Release Form filled out by parents at the beginning of the year. Please inform the office as soon as possible if there are any changes to this information
- Once your child has been signed out, they will receive a sticker on their name tag. Please proceed to the administration desk to turn in your child’s name tag
- We realize that the sign-out procedures may take some time, and we greatly appreciate your patience
- Once your child has been released to your custody, for realism and safety purposes, please leave the school grounds immediately. All students who are not signed out will return back to class at 2:50 with their teachers for regular dismissal at 3:01
Our emergency preparedness plan is an effort to keep your children safe and cared for in case of an event that is quite unpredictable, both in time and seriousness. It is a big job. If you are interested in helping out with our plan in any way, please let the school know. Please call the school if you have any questions, 604-296-9035 extension 655005.